Grab This Gadget »

Monday 3 September 2012

Ronaldo 'not happy' with Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo refused to celebrate his 150th goal for Real Madrid on Sunday evening, citing "a professional issue" as the reason for being unhappy with the club.

Ronaldo netted a brace in the 3-0 thrashing of Granada at the Santiago Bernabeu, but appeared subdued before being substituted by Gonzalo Higuain in the 63rd minute. Despite notching his 150th goal in 149 appearances for Los Merengues, Ronaldo later revealed a rift between he and the club.

"I'm sad because of a professional issue and the club know why. That's why I didn't celebrate the goals, because I'm not happy. The people [at the club] know why.
"It's nothing to do with Andres Iniesta [winning UEFA's Best Player in Europe award]. I won't talk about this any more and I will concentrate on Portugal for now. There are more important things [than this].

"The people at the club know about this. I cannot say any more."
Meanwhile, Ronaldo is set to link up with his Portugal team-mates this week despite aggravating an injury to his left thigh following a clash with Granada defender Borja Gomez.

"I'm fine," he said. "I am going to Portugal to see if I recover in the next couple of days, because I want to play those two games, which are so important for the team."

ESPN Soccernet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIKE US